Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Weekmiddle

In the wonderful world of medicine there are no holidays, no three-day weekends, and generally no weekends at all. Accidents happen. Sickness never sleeps. And the emergency room goes on. Surprisingly, Saturdays are meaningless to me. Today is just another stay-at-home-mom day.

Remember when weekend meant fun? It was a two-day break from the monotony of the everyday routine. No work and no school for two whole days! Well here in our household everyday is exactly that - EVERY day. As a stay-at-home mom I never really get a break - let alone two whole days! My darling husband works in the medical field and often works entire weekends, most holidays, some nights and yes even the beloved Saturday. This makes our Saturday quite depressing because in reality there are no play dates on Saturday. Most of our friends seem too busy with family to get together and the usual hangouts are too crowded with families. All of this makes Saturday kinda boring...it's just another day of the week.

Now on the bright side...my husband doesn't work seven days a week (that would drive me insane). Usually he gets Wednesdays off (my favorite day of the week) and this week Thursday and Friday too. So for all of you waiting in line to see the baby gorilla at the zoo this weekend, we'll be there on a weekday without you...enjoying our three-day weekmiddle. I guess I consider us lucky to be bored today.

No comments:

The Daily Mother, 2009. | Design by JudithShakes Designs.