Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Gala

On Saturday night I fulfilled another wish for my sister. She really really wanted to go see her son perform at his high school's annual fundraiser. The Spring Gala was held at the Four Seasons in Westlake Village. It included dinner, a live auction, tons of raffles and prizes, and the senior class provides the entertainment.

Someone donated two seats at a table close to the stage just for us. And luckily my sister was feeling well enough to go so I decided to take her. She is very strong and very determined (if you haven't noticed).

First, I had to figure out transportation. I decided that if I were dying I would want to travel in style so I rented a stretch limosuine. Plus I figured it would be easier to transfer her from the wheelchair to the bench seat and vice versa.

Kathy in the limosuine. I think she was very anxious and excited to get on the road.


Next, nurse and bodyguard in the limosuine. My sister Maggie is a nurse so she went with in case there were any problems. My brother John went with us too...I guess to help Maggie and I lift her into the car/chair. The two of them were like two kids in a candy store. I'm not sure if they had been in a limo before or at least not recently. That made it all the more fun. Plus the driver was kinda creepy so I'm really glad they came with us.

Me and Kathy at the table.

Kathy cheering and clapping at the performance. Gotta love that smile.

The real reason we went...Kathy and her son after the performance.












1 comment:

RP Mom said...

What a beautiful night you got to spend with your sister. I admire all that you have done for her. You close relationship reminds me of the relationship I have with my sister. I am glad Kathy had a great night and was feeling good to enjoy it!

The Daily Mother, 2009. | Design by JudithShakes Designs.