Thursday, April 2, 2009

Snap, Crackle, POP

Picture this: it's 3am. I'm tired. In fact I was asleep and dreaming. But Thomas is hungry and has a dirty diaper. I crawl out of bed and sluggishly make it to his room. I take him out of the crib. Plop him down on the changing table. Proceed to change his diaper. I unbutton the pajamas, get the wipes and fresh diaper. So far so good. Except he's screaming and wiggling all over the place because he's still hungry. I mean it sounds like he's starving. What I don't get, is why he just won't hold still so I can finish the diaper change? He should know by now that if he just stayed still and would stop kicking - he would get the food faster. I promise.

You see at 3am I cannot manage to snap the pajamas. There are like a million snaps. And no matter what they always get snapped wrong and I have to start over. Why do pajama makers insist on snaps for infant pajamas. Here in the Paine household we do not like snaps. We like zippers. Much more easy. Snaps not easy. Snaps make mommy crazy. One more snap and I will probably snap, crackle and eventually POP!

1 comment:

RP Mom said...

I hated snaps too -- especially in the middle of the night!

The Daily Mother, 2009. | Design by JudithShakes Designs.