Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby Number Three

Please welcome the newest baby to our family. Baby Number Three. He's rather large. About six foot six. Two hundred pounds. And all baby. I'm not sure about you but when daddy is sick - it's like having another baby around the house. Sometimes even equivalent to two (or three) more babies. I'm not sure why but men seem to be extra needy when they get sick. (Of course that's just my opinion not to be confused with all men).

For the past week Dan has had a terrible cold. It seemed like it got worse and worse with each passing day. The poor guy still went to work sick and just wasn't getting enough rest. I finally forced him to take a sick day on Tuesday. In the almost six years that I've known him - he has only called in sick three times. I think I called in sick three times in one month one year. I'm sure it had nothing to do with me hating my job.

Unfortunately as a stay-at-home mom I don't really have the luxury of calling in sick anymore. I have to be a mom...sick or not. But when daddy is sick it's like working overtime. I have had to experience single-parent parenting for a week. And let me just tell you that with everything else on my plate right now...it is really really hard. Hopefully daddy will be feeling better soon! And more importantly...I hope I don't get sick!!!

No comments:

The Daily Mother, 2009. | Design by JudithShakes Designs.