Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Never Wake a Sleeping Baby

Never wake a sleeping baby. I've heard this saying a few times before. In fact I pretty much abide by the rule whenever I can. I relish naptime and don't really mind that my kids sleep in until 8:30-9am every morning. I've said it before - all four of us LOVE to sleep. If they are both sleeping, I'm sleeping (or at least trying).

Well, today for some silly reason, Dan woke Sophia up from her nap. He says she was dead asleep. It's no wonder. I mean it took me almost 2 hours to get her to nap in the first place. It was getting kinda late and we needed to eat dinner. We decided to go out to a local favorite - kid-friendly, delicious and close to home - so he woke her up. He's such a rule-breaker.

So we get to the restaurant and order our food. We let's just say we got the food TO GO as soon as we lifted our forks. Paine Toddler Tantrum #1 was in full effect. The poor thing. She was so tired and we had no business as parents taking her out to dinner in that kind of mood. I think we have finally met the day when eating out is no longer an ability. Sad but true. I guess we will just have to rely on babysitters to get our restaurant fix. That or takeout.

Needless to say, we came home and Sophia went straight to bed. I'm pretty sure she will wake up in the middle of the night. Probably not at the same time as Thomas - probably an hour after or before he wakes up. Which means I better get to bed ASAP to prepare for the long night ahead.

No comments:

The Daily Mother, 2009. | Design by JudithShakes Designs.