Monday, March 9, 2009

The Perpetual To-Do-List

Do you have something on today's to-do-list that's leftover from yesterday's list? I know I do. In fact I have a couple of things. Every day I make a mental note to fix this or that. And I don't. I forget. Or I just run out of energy.

For example, every night when I'm rocking Thomas to sleep I look at the twin bed in his room and swear I'm going to fix it one of these days. All I need is the staple gun. Click. Click. Click. The fabric on the bottom of the box spring is loose and it needs to be stapled back on. So easy. So simple. And yet every night I sit there and stare at it. Sometimes I even tell myself that I will just tuck it under the metal frame. Nope. Still hanging there.

Another example. Every night I lay in bed and check the progress of our little ceiling bug. Yes, we have a tiny little bug in the corner of our ceiling. Maybe a spider. I'm not quite sure. He barely moves but an inch or two each day. And he's not causing any harm. But his presence really bugs me! I always tell myself that tomorrow I will get our little friend. But no. He's still up there.


They say that the best way to get yourself to do something is to make a list. Write it down. I'm actually a huge fan of to-do-lists. I love making them and I especially love crossing things off. Each day I make a new list and carry over anything from yesterday to the new one. But for some reason I can never seem to finish everything on my list. Well I'm hoping today's blog will help me with at least these two things. Hopefully tomorrow I will staple the lining back in place and squash that silly little ceiling bug. If not...well, it'll just be on the list for the day after tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you do when you forget your to-do list at home though? I always do that ;)

Anonymous said...

you shouldnt kill bugs.

The Daily Mother, 2009. | Design by JudithShakes Designs.